Thursday, March 29, 2018

Winnie Reads A Cricket in Times Square

This is me!

My name is Winnie, and I'm a 2 year old Australian mini Labradoodle.  I LOVE to read and my family does too!  I'll admit, this is my first time writing about a book I've read.  Usually, my family and I just talk about our latest books....BUT, this is so much more fun!

So, I've just read, "The Cricket in Times Square."  My mother said she read it when she was young.  As we spoke about it, we agreed that we both loved this book although perhaps for different reasons!

The story has 3 main characters: Chester Cricket, Tucker Mouse and Harry Cat.  Personally, I would love to meet these characters.  I kept thinking how much fun it would be to chase them all around Times Square!  Chester Cricket gets lost in New York City and ends up at a newspaper stand.  He meets Tucker and Harry, and they have many fun adventures!  Chester Cricket starts singing and attracts humans.  He eventually holds concerts and many people come from all over to hear him sing.  Although he is happy in Times Square with his friends, he misses his home in Connecticut.  Tucker and Harry help him eventually go home.
Where's the Cricket?

I loved this story because it was funny and sweet, and I loved the characters.  As a dog, I thought maybe I could be friends with Chester, Tucker and Harry.  If a cat can be friends with a mouse and a cricket, certainly a dog can be friends with them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment