Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Foxes Schmoxes!

Hold onto your hats, gloves and tiger boots!  It may be almost summer here, but Jilli, Fiercely and Jim are surrounded by snow and tracking a sneaky snow fox!  Fat tail, pointy ears, orange fur!  Brrrrr!
Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself.  I just read "The Sneaky Snow Fox" by Patricia Reilly Giff with illustrations by Diane Palmisciano.  Jilli is a girl with a fabulous dog, Fiercely.  She says he's not brave, but he goes out into the whirling snow after that scary fox, so he's my hero.
Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself again.  It all starts when Jilli is reading a book about a sneaky, scary fox to Fiercely.  The fox is snipping and snapping his teeth in the book, and they are too scared to keep reading.  They look out the window and there's the fox!  Jim is Jilli's best friend, and together they follow Fiercely when he follows that fox into town.  The end of the book has cookies in it!  Read this book if you like dogs, snow, best friends, mysterious foxes, bookstores and cookies.  It is for readers who are just beginning to feel comfortable with very short chapters and slightly bigger words.

Just so you know, the person who did the colorful and snowy pictures for this book is very nice to my human grandmother, and I know you will like her pictures.
I'm reading these books so fast I'm just a blur!  Daddy is telling me how amazing I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment