Sunday, May 19, 2013

My first book review!

I decided to make a blog because the cats won't run away from me anymore, so I have time on my hands.  My female person left a book called "Beswitched" out on the couch, so I decided to give it a try.  It was really good, even though there weren't really any dogs in it.  It is by Kate Saunders, and is for ages 9 and up.  It turns out that this spoiled girl is getting sent to private school, whatever that is, and she is very mad because it is all because of her difficult grandmother having broken a hip.  On the train to the new school something very strange happens, she is whisked into the past, to a boarding school in 1935!  Boy, she is confused and lost, and her attitude is  pretty crumby (just found some on the floor...).  By the end of the book, though, she has changed a lot, and made friends she will never forget -and changed the life of one very important person.  My fur stood on end with emotion at the end, when she goes back to her own time, and something very special happens.  When I shared my feelings with my female person she told me about another book with a great time travel theme and (had to stop for a moment to try to scare the cat) she said that it had a terrific ending that gave her the same feeling.  Her book was "Tom's Midnight Garden", by Philippa Pearce.

No comments:

Post a Comment