Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hamsters review Humphrey!



Hi, we're the new Library hamsters, but we're visiting with Princess until we go there.  First she tried to eat us, but then she said we could review a book!  We can't wait.  We don't have names yet, so I'll be H1.  And I'll be H2 (I'm the cute one).

H1 - I'll start.  We are going to review "The World According to Humphrey" by Betty G. Birney.
H2 - We know, you've probably already read it.  But it's perfect for us!
H1 - Humphrey is a hamster who goes from a pet store to a school and then
H2 - Just like us!
H1 - Hey, I wasn't done.  Then he meets all the kids in the classroom and they all
H2 -Just like we're going to!
H1 - I wasn't done!  They all have funny names, and they all love
H2 - Us!  They all will love us!
H1 - Stop it!!  Stop interrupting, I'm talking about the book, not you!  You're driving me crazy!
H2 - Oops, sorry.
H1 - Princess says we're getting sidetracked, and she's thinking about how tasty we look.
H2 - We'd better finish up fast.  I'll take it from here.  So Humphrey loves living in the classroom.
H1 - Back to me!  And he gets to go home on weekends until a different teacher takes over, and she does not like rodents!
H2 - Can you believe it?  So Humphrey has to get used to nights at the school, but he meets a nice janitor, and then the Principal takes him home to meet his kids.
H1 - The Principal has no control over his own kids!
H2 - Just like Miss Kitty!  Don't tell her I said that.
H1 - And that's as far as we got.  We're not very fast readers.  But it's so funny, and we just know Humphrey is going to have all sorts of adventures.
H2 - Just like us!
H1 - Soon we'll have names, but until then
H2 - Remember that I'm the cute one!



No comments:

Post a Comment